Coffee w/ Jesus helps Christians encourage each other’s Spiritual Growth and hold each other accountable. It is a great way to see where God is working or wants to work in their lives.
Start your own Coffee w/ Jesus:
Who?…2-3 Christ followers (of your choice) that trust, encourage and challenge each other
What?…An opportunity to share in relationship with Jesus
Where?… Somewhere (of your choice) nonthreatening and conducive to in-depth conversation
When?…Once a week, when all individuals are able to meet for an hour
Why?…Encouragement; Accountability; Growth; Fellowship
How?…Simply start asking these questions and
following these guidelines:
- What has Jesus done in you in the last 24 hours? Stare at Jesus and ask Him to remind you of what He has been doing in you?
- What has Jesus done through you in the last 24 hours in the life of others?
- Read a passage of scripture from the New Life app and ask, what is Jesus saying to you in this scripture?
- What does Jesus want to do in your life in the next 24 hours?
- What does Jesus want to do through you in the life/lives of others in the next 24 hrs?
- Not every thought we have is from the Holy Spirit. How do we know?
- Be Very careful with the statement “God told me.” How do I know?
a. The Bible says it
b. Time proves it
- The intent to allow Jesus to disciple us through the Holy Spirit.
- We want to know what Jesus thinks not what anyone else thinks.
- You may not have time to wait for everyone to answer…
- Silence is not a bad thing…
- No exegesis (avoid critical interpretation of scripture)
- 2 Corinthians 2:16: For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
- Always close in prayer.